Six Claws, Five Points.
Character Creation Steps:
- Select your character's first name. Your character does not have a last name (a Bloodname) it is something veterans get a chance to earn.
- Select your character's gender.
- Select a terran species (multi cellular, preferably vertebrate)
- From the Master Character Table (Mechwarrior 2 core book, page 14) your character has the following priorities: Attributes 4 (30), Skills 3 (20) with benefits, Race 2 (Clan Warrior), Advantages 1 (Extra Edge), Mech 0 (Dispossessed) because you do not own the 'mechs you pilot them for the clan.
- Attributes are assigned as per the Clan Primary Mechwarrior archetype, page 41. BLD 5, REF 6, INT 6, LRN 5, CHA 5.
- Skills are assigned to the Primary Mechwarrior Package, page 17 (also Clan Primary Mechwarrior Archetype, page 41)
- Four additional skill points are included to reflect the character's background raised in Clan Ghost Bear. Negotiation (1 point), Protocol – Clan Ghost Bear (1 point), Career – Clan Soldier (1 point), Survival – Arctic – 1 point). Note this brings the character's starting skill points to 24, the same as priority 4 for skills. Rather than give a specific point of Special Interest – Clan Remembrance, I assume this is part of the Career skill…or in other words you all know the basics but not as much as someone who has specifically studied the subject (like a cop knows the law as it applies to their job but a law scholar knows it better).
- Based on the animal species chosen: One point of either climbing, jump pack (the closest flying species will be getting to flight), running, or swimming. One point of Survival – Where the animals live in nature (which can stack with the point of Survival – Arctic mentioned above). These skills will be considered a species bonus as opposed to a skill point for the purposes of raising the skills. Additionally based on the capabilities of the real animal the character will be able to practice these skills without the aid of equipment (with the exception of Jump Pack), classic examples being arctic species with Survival – Arctic will not need cold weather gear to survive in arctic conditions. List of Species Templates.
- The Five Points. Your character may select five additional one-point skills from the list not included in steps 6 and 7, (however I want a reason why and how the character has the skill. Here are some Five Points Suggestions and a MW2 Skill List).
- Equipment. Starting Equipment.